Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow...

After three long years of growing my hair, the last year especially difficult because of a certain cute but very hair-grabby baby, I have finally cut my hair! The organization I chose, Angel Hair for Kids, required a minimum of 10" of non-coloured, non-grey hair, and it took much longer than I anticipated. I had hoped for a new Christmas haircut, but no, not yet. Perhaps a new birthday haircut in April? Not quite. I guess this is almost a celebration of one year of being a mother haircut. (Three weeks today and Jonathan and I have a one year old daughter! Crazy!) I sure won't miss Ada using my hair has a way to pull herself up, or as something to play with while nursing. If anything, it may have strengthened my roots (or so the hairdresser said), but it sure made a mess of the hair that I ended up chopping off for donation. Oh well, I'm sure they'll still be able to use it. Here are the before and after pictures:

Before:




And after:




Okay - enough pictures of me! Here is Ada celebrating her eleven month birthday:

Eleven month birthday beer

And here she is (in the pink dress) with her friends as they celebrate their first year together. They all turn one within 3 weeks of each other, so we had a picnic to celebrate in High Park.

Birthday Party

Birthday presents

And we had a nice day on Centre Island with our friend Amber. Here she is showing off her new t-shirt from her Aunt Sharon...

That's right

And going for a splash in a wading pool at Centreville...

Going for a splash

And, although it's rather fuzzy, here she is laughing at her silly mommy:

Fuzzy giggle

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Ann said...

Wow! The haircut looks great! :)

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really do love the haircut... I know I told you that already but I just have to tell you again :)

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home