Tuesday, January 09, 2007

...And wearing ducks on her feet

...and wearing ducks on her feet

I can't believe how much Ada is changing every day - I can barely keep up with her!

For example, she has finally figured out what to do with all of the extra saliva she is producing - make motor boat sounds! I now have a face cloth within reaching distance at all times so that I can wipe up the goobers from her smiling face that her new skill is producing. Either she is imitating a motor boat (which would be very impressive considering she has yet to see one), or she is practicing to be a trumpet player. Either way, it's very cute and messy. She has also found the upper octaves of her vocal chords, and enjoys practicing her range when especially excited and happy. Her turning abilities are getting better every day - my doctor thinks she'll be regularly flipping over any day now. And anything and everything is required to go in her mouth, according to Ada. She is really into reaching out for things she is interested in and then putting them directly in her mouth. Now I have to make sure anything within Ada's reaching distance is putting-in-her-mouth friendly. And she has become increasingly impressed with my singing skills (it's always nice to have a fan, even if she slobbers), and I can almost always get her to smile, regardless of mood, by giving her my rendition of "You Are My Sunshine" or "Daisy, Daisy". Since the majority of my sing-a-long song knowledge is based on my work at the day program, she is going to be the most educated four month old in songs from the 20s, 30s, and 40s.

Yesterday was Ada's four month appointment at the doctors. She gets another A+! She is in the 50th percentile for head circumference, 75th percentile for weight (she's 15 pounds now!), and has continued on the line of 95th percentile for length! My doctor used this fancy program on her computer to compare her to her 2 month measurements, and she is right on target. She said she couldn't have been more on track. If you're wondering what the "percentile" stuff means, it basically means that only 5 percent of babies her age are taller than her, 25 percent are heavier, and she's right in the middle for head circumference. Unfortunately, Ada had a rough reaction to the immunizations a number of hours after. She wanted to sleep, but I think she had a slight fever and the injection sites were sore, because she wouldn't stop crying for about 45 minutes. The first three people I tried calling were not home/available (that being Jonathan, my parents, and Jonathan's parents), but my lovely Pamela saved the day by being home and helping me calm down. A trip to the drug store, a dose of Tempra drops, and an early night to bed later, and Ada is back to normal. She woke up at 5am happily cooing and making motor boat sounds wanting to play since she went to bed so early. I happily obliged.

And today Ada and I officially started our Salsa Babies class - great fun! And Jonathan and I are now registered for Wee Hands, starting on January 20th. I'll keep you all posted!

And onto something separate but very important to me: I have signed up to participate in the Manulife Walk for Memories, which is a fundraising event for the Alzheimer Society of Toronto. I hope to raise at least $250, so any help would be greatly appreciated! You can either go to my Personal Page to pledge online, or you can contact me if you prefer to donate in person. For those of you in London, I plan on being there for a few days the week after the event (January 31 - February 2), so I can collect pledges then. I plan to take Ada with me in her Baby Bjorn for the walk!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Linda

I'm so glad to hear that Ada is back to her normal self today, I tried calling to check in on you both but niether you nor your voice mail picked up. You must have been to busy Salsa-ing!
When Liam started making ohhy gooey motor boats he thought it was hilarious to practice them on my boob... spraying milk into my face....

It was pretty funny!

xoxo
Pam

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home